Are you considering assisted living for your loved one, or have they made the decision to seek assisted living on their own? As you research your options, it’s important to familiarize yourself with assisted living. This includes the benefits assisted living provides and what to expect. The more you and your loved one know about assisted living, the more prepared you’ll be to find the right assisted living community for your loved one’s needs.
What is Assisted Living?
First and foremost, it’s important that you know what assisted living is. This level of care offers residents a safe, supportive environment to live as independently as possible while receiving as much or as little assistance as they need.
When your loved one joins an assisted living community, they’ll receive support with housekeeping, cooking, medication management and other daily tasks. When your loved one doesn’t have to worry about these chores, they’ll have more time to live a vibrant lifestyle full of social and educational opportunities.
5 Things to Know About Assisted Living
As a resident of an assisted living community, your loved one will:
- Maintain Their Independence. It’s important to know that when your loved one joins an assisted living community, they won’t be giving up their independence. In fact, when your loved one joins an assisted living community, they will continue to maintain both their privacy and independent lifestyle. Your loved one will have the opportunity to decide how they spend each day, with the peace of mind that caregivers are nearby to provide support when it’s needed.
- Experience an Enhanced Lifestyle. When your loved one joins an assisted living community, they’ll have access to countless activities and events to enjoy. From monthly social gatherings and entertainment to wellness programs designed to help them stay healthy, your loved one will experience an active, well-balanced lifestyle.
- Live in a Comfortable Residence. Your loved one should feel comfortable and right at home in their assisted living residence. Assisted living communities tend to offer a variety of living options for their residents. Some offer semi-private studios and even one-and-two-bedroom apartments with a variety of features and amenities to meet resident needs.
- Access Services that Can Improve Quality of Life. Your loved one should have access to all the daily care and support they need to maintain their quality of life. These services can include personal care, medication management, housekeeping, transportation and home maintenance.
- Experience Quality Dining Options. Assisted living communities provide highly nutritious and delicious meals to ensure residents get the nutrients they need. When your loved one joins an assisted living community, they can count on three healthy meals a day, and forget about the hassle of grocery shopping and cooking.
Discover Compassionate Senior Living at Episcopal SeniorLife Communities
At Episcopal SeniorLife Communities, we are committed to providing your loved one with personalized care so that they can live a healthier, more purposeful life. Our assisted living communities offer your loved one wellness and learning activities, social opportunities and high-quality care from our dedicated staff members.
Contact us today to learn more about our assisted living options and learn how your loved one can live each day with meaning.