Volunteers are an important part of our communities.
Our dedicated volunteers are a vital part of the inspiration at Episcopal SeniorLife Communities. We invite you to share your time and gifts in the following ways:
- Build a relationship with a resident through friendly visiting. These special relationships offer companionship, conversations, and support.
- Considering a career in the senior living setting? Apply for an internship opportunity in physical therapy, marketing, food services or public policy.
- Enjoy being outside? Assist in watering and pruning residents' plants or help residents plant a garden at any one of our communities.
- Assist with daily recreation events and outings. Join residents on community trips, help plan or host a social event, call bingo, or lead an exercise class.
- Enjoy photography or social media? Consider helping us capture the many inspiring programs and events hosted in our communities. Take pictures or help residents stay connected with family and friends through Facebook and email.
- Prefer to keep moving? Escort residents to various appointments and ESLC activities.
- If customer service appeals to you, join our gift shop. Sell cards and gifts to residents, staff and families.
- Do you enjoy being in an administrative setting? Help provide clerical support at one of the ESLC communities.
Assisting the Chaplain
If your interests include the spiritual growth within of our communities, we have several volunteer opportunities for you:
- Our Sunday ushers accompany residents to Chapel for services
- The Altar Guild prepares the altar for Holy Eucharist and worship
- Pastoral-care assistants work closely with the chaplain to minister to residents in all of our communities.
Join a rich history of ESLC volunteerism.
The Women's Auxiliary has been serving the needs of ESLC residents for more than 50 years. It is a service organization with a strong fundraising mission. Its members manage and operate the Tip Top Shoppe, a gift shop located in the main lounge of The Episcopal Church Home. In addition to monthly meetings members also conduct bake sales, and other fundraisers throughout the year. All of the proceeds of these efforts are returned to ESLC to support programs and services for residents. Please contact the Volunteer Office at 585.546.8400 x3160 if you are interested in joining.
VOLUNTEER ONLINE AND PAPER APPLICATIONS
Click here to apply online for an individual volunteering position. Click here for a hard copy of the individual volunteering application.
Click here to apply online for a youth volunteer position. Click here for a hard copy of the youth volunteering application.
For more information about volunteer opportunities or organizations, contact Scott Ashley, ESLC Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com or 585.546.8400 x3160.